SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I did check it out. I'm currently on p5 and unlikely to go any further. I'm used to reading all sorts of arcane and esoteric material, but I'm finding it unreadable. The problem for me is that it doesn't advance a coherent argument -it's simply a collection of assertions. For example, right on p2 we have:

Is it a metaphor, or simply a bit of etiquette? Who knows, because the next sentence reads:

Maybe it's lost in translation?

Also, it seems a kind of charter for enforcers of the feudal system. So we have:

It rests on a notion of a fixed societal order, in which position and power are dictated by ancestry and divine right. Which is a silly, inefficient and fundamentally unfair way of organising a society - one that rests upon a monumental con.

I can't find much merit in it apart from quote-mining. However, I may be missing the point completely as I'm only looking at it in a very superficial way, and I've only read a smalll proportion of it.
I read the entire text - I thought it was just me that found it un readable. Glad to know I am not the only one.