View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #13
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I'm not convinced that vitamin C supplementation does anything much. I've linked this article before, but it's really worth a look:

Sweat Science Does vitamin C block gains from training?

Heresy, I know
Yeah, I've read before that it's not much use in terms of cold either; I think this comes down to an overall good intake, varied, of vitamins and minerals as opposed to one singular vitamin.

I also find it very odd that with all this talk of vitamin C, that few if any seem to know that kiwi fruits have more vitamin C pound for pound than oranges do...all this research, taking vitamin C, eating oranges and yet overlooking the most obviously higher intake of vitamin C available in the fruit world. Why would someone eat an orange for vitamin C purposes when it's clear that kiwi's will do a better job at providing it, it baffles me.