View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #10
Mombow111
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good posts

Hit the gym today, I've been eating like there's a hole in my second stomach or some **** + I slept like a baby last night. Results prior are from 2 days ago- lift totals were as followed:

Clean and Press I did 2 sets of 6 with 165 lbs, same weight as last time, twice the volume.

Deadlift 405lbs 3x2x1- I kinda skimped on the warm up (actually there was none): but I figure with clean and presses and hyper extensions at the start, I really should need a tedious warmup for anything besides, say, legs.

Dips - Body weight x10 or so reps +3 +3: I focused on the negatgive here and really noticed an increase in intensity- I forget my exact total of reps but I'm increasing the weight next B day, probably 10 pounds on the belt.

Reverse Grip Bench Press: 135 lbs x10 or so reps + 5 +3: 1st time doing them and didn't want to hurt my wrists, did negatives here as well.

Wide grip Pullups 6 + 3 + 3- Might switch this to chinups on account of diffuculty of these for me, expecially with the negative.

Barbell Static Grip 3x 30 seconds, wide grip bar w/ 115 lbs - ouch (couldn't unclamp clips afterwards)

Lunges: Right quadriceps was noticeably out of whack from previous mentioned bruise so I skipped these

Hise Shrugs: 275 lbs: nothing I haven't done before but I'm focusing on prolonging the shrug component of the exercise to increase the intensity while still using a lower weight and working my way up.

Pull overs: 95 pounds set of 8 as opposed to last workouts 6.

Situps: I made it to 2 sets of 10 w/ 70 pounds.

All in all, I think I prefer negatives on the DC training (but I guess I'll really find out tommorow now won't I), I think I can work my way back up to my old weight but not feel like I'm 2 seconds away from hemorrhaging when I get there, and be able to perform it in a controlled fashion by the end of the semester.

I could have done more on the deadlift, but I haven't done them heavy in a few months and my grip was by large and by far my weakest link. I'm gonna try to hit up dicks and see if they have chalk, but I know they'll probably try peddling some gloves onto me. I did however use a straight bar as opposed to a diamond bar which is what I had used last time I did this weight, so my grip has improved I think, and I will continue on with grip exercises throughout this routine.

If I have 10 workout sessions for workout plan B, and add 10 lbs each time to the bar I'll be able to breach 500 by the end of the semester, which would satisfy me very greatly .
Mombow111 is offline   Reply With Quote