View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
Dray
100kg w/ abs! :p
Max Brawn

Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: bench press
Fav Supp: whey & fish oil
Dray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite member

I am not a powerlifter, but who knows, I might choose to compete for the hell of it one day...

Anyway, I do rows day 1 and day 3, and deadlifts day 2 (i.e., in the middle). So yeah, twice a week. I do them (and other stuff) following bench press. Deadlift (and other stuff) follows overhead press.

It works well enough for me, for now. I have definitely found that, since doing rows of some kind, my back has improved a fair bit, from how it was. Didn't start with any rowing, when I began this whole lifting thing.

Yep, I'd say they make a positive difference. Meant to be particularly beneficial for benching and deadlifting, apparently, and that does make a lot of sense to me.

edit: I can't see *all* that much difference between doing medium to heavy sets of barbell rows, vs. dumbbell rows, vs. T-bar rows, vs. cable rows. Just whatever works for the guy (or lass) in question.

Last edited by Dray; 05-04-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Dray is offline   Reply With Quote