View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

I am not a powerlifter, but who knows, I might choose to compete for the hell of it one day...

Anyway, I do rows day 1 and day 3, and deadlifts day 2 (i.e., in the middle). So yeah, twice a week. I do them (and other stuff) following bench press. Deadlift (and other stuff) follows overhead press.

It works well enough for me, for now. I have definitely found that, since doing rows of some kind, my back has improved a fair bit, from how it was. Didn't start with any rowing, when I began this whole lifting thing.

Yep, I'd say they make a positive difference. Meant to be particularly beneficial for benching and deadlifting, apparently, and that does make a lot of sense to me.

edit: I can't see *all* that much difference between doing medium to heavy sets of barbell rows, vs. dumbbell rows, vs. T-bar rows, vs. cable rows. Just whatever works for the guy (or lass) in question.

Last edited by Dray; 05-04-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Dray is offline   Reply With Quote