View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #382
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Bench Press

Foam roll
Stretch

Bench
Bar x 40
60kgs x 10
80kgs x 5
100kgs x 3
115kgs x 2
127.5kgs x 1
137.5kgs x 1
142.5kgs x 1
Add shirt
165kgs x 2 off 2 board
Add belt
175kgs x 1 off 1 board
Jacked shirt down more
185kgs x Miss. Took forever to touch then lost it back into the rack.
Jacked shirt a bit less
187.5kgs x Miss. Easier touch but triceps were blown.

Video will be uploaded tomorrow but after having a stomach bug for three days, I was pleased. I managed to eat heavily today so the shirt was fitting ok but I still felt a bit weak. Understandable having not been able to hang onto food for the last 48 hours I guess.

Raw warm-ups went ok. I was surprised that the 142 was as easy as it was but I'll take it. Shirted warm-ups were strong but I had my training partner jack the shirt a bit too much for the 185 and it took forever to touch then as I threw it back, I lost it into the rack. I added a bit more weight and set the shirt a bit higher for the next attempt. Touch was much smoother but triceps were fried and I had the spotters take it halfway.

Geared lifting often has sessions like this. You have to take the rough with the smooth and learn from your mistakes. I am bigger now at the same bodyweight so have to learn how to set the shirt again. If my elbows recover I'll take the same weights again next week and will hopefully do better.
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote