View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #9
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
So, explain it to me then. . .

I hate the thought of you glossing over something so important and filling your mind with something so trivial as the optimal post-workout nutritional window.

Right,well.

I'm going to stick with the same progression scheme of 2.5 kg every time I do the lift, because that seems to have worked well for the past month or 2 I've been training.
I lost track somewhat of where I was in terms of weight on the bar, so I'm going to go through every lift tomorrow, and reestablish where I'm at on each exercise.

What might, and very likely will prove difficult though, is finding the happy medium between a weight thats too light or too heavy.

For example with barbell rows, I could pick a weight that allows me to hit 5 reps, but I'm not going to be able to go right up to my chest, and probably will only be able to go half the way up.

I don't know if thats right, or weather I should revert back to using a lighter weight, where I can get that full range of motion.

Though If I do that I'll feel as though I'm taking a step backward.

You said yourself that if I'm not getting stronger, progressing, and building muscle, then all that food I'm eating is going to have the opposite effect, and make me fat rather than muscle bound, and surely if I'm going back a step and start building my way back up to the weight I was using before, which may take over a month, I'm wasting my opportunities to grow, because I won't be getting stronger.

I don't know weather worse form with heavier weight will get me better results, or weather going backwards somewhat on some of my lifts, so I have perfect form, even if the weights lighter.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 05-02-2013 at 05:56 PM.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote