View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRthat View Post
We just found out that my wife is 6 weeks along and she is out of shape. I am not saying this to be an ass, this is not a she needs to lose weight thing. I have been told that being in shape helps everything from aches to labor to recovery afterwards. If anyone knows some exercises that will help and which ones are and aren't safe please let me know.
First off, congrats.

Exercise helped my wife a lot. She lifted and did light cardio (walking) during her first pregnancy but did not during her second. The first birth went more smoothly.

The second birth she constantly battled pregnancy high blood pressure, and it got so high that we can to do an emergency C-section.

So yes, we would say there are definitely benefits to moderate resistance training and mild cardio. I wouldn't advise anything crazy. Light work can go a long way.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote