View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #27
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good post FP...the devil is in the details. It's virtually impossible to add muscle without adding some fat. In general, the more fat you are willing to add, the more you open the door to expedited muscle growth. But with this said, I don't believe we're talking about adding 50 pounds of fat to gain 3 pounds of muscle. I think it's more like...

Lifter A wants to gain 8 pounds of muscle and is willing to gain 8 pounds of fat.

Lifter B wants to gain 8 pounds of muscle but doesn't want to gain more than 2 pounds of fat.

Lifter B will probably go with a clean bulk and get there eventually. But I believe if Lifter A is genetically the same, he will get to his goal faster.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote