View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #23
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

All I can speak from is personal experience. I started at around 5'10", 145 to 150 with a lightning fast metabolism. I spent my teen years eating crazy food. My mom remembers one night I ate 15 tacos at a sitting.

At that time, there was no way I could eat all clean and get my calories. In addition, I couldn't afford to eat completely clean. I was a college kid with lower class parents who had little money. My cafeteria at school offered two main dishes at each meal, and they weren't exactly chicken and broccoli, if you know what I mean.

One thing college did provide was "all I could eat". I drank 3 glasses of whole milk with each meal, and ate as much as I could. At dinner time I finished with 2 to 4 pieces of cheese cake. They almost always had cheese cake for dessert.

I'm not sure if I could have eaten 4000+ calories a day of clean food. At least I'm guessing that's what I ate. Right now I maintain weight around 3400.

Many times when clean vs. dirty is talked about, it's almost positioned as an "either-or". But I think realistically most of the dirty eaters eat a good portion of clean food, and may get 25 to 35% of calories from dirtier foods.

Personally, food and cooking is something I enjoy, and even when I'm cutting I rarely eating perfectly clean at night for my bigger meal. My kids love to cook, and I share that passion with them.

I respect guys who go all out and eat clean. Personally, I just don't want to eat all clean. I make some wicked soups and pies, and every now and I enjoy that aspect of my life.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote