View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post
I see many, if not most guys, doing some other variation than deadlifts from the floor every week. Some that rarely pull from the floor.

Is this based on strength level, aka once you've reached 2.5x Bodyweight or more? Or is it due to being beat up physically after many years of floor pulls? Is it just a switch to focus on weak areas of the lift!

Just wondering is there anything "wrong" with pulling from the floor week in and week out?

Thoughts.....
Absolutely not! If your body can handle it, go for it! I started to do variations since I injured my lower back and recovery started to take forever after that. Whenever I pulled from the floor for more than 3 weeks in a row, I either strained myself or got weaker.