Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #342
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippy7 View Post
Hey BBOD. I am loving all ur videos and I had a thought when i was watching ur Smolov Expectation video.
Why is it that some people are so much stronger than other people naturally? Also why do some people gain strength so much quicker and resulting in better overall results?
Because I am really weak and cannot gain strength as easily as others. I know there is no point in comparing with other individuals but what gives others such better strength advantages.
Thanks BBOD
A lot of this has to do with:

1) Eating
2) Drive
3) Expectations

I have met a lot of people in person that thought they are weak. Usually they simply aren't trying hard enough, eating enough and or staying consistent.

There are the rare one percenters who are strong, but most people work their butts off to get strong. Most of it is mental.

The reality is that most people don't do what it takes. Most of this is mental.

I've worked with plenty of people who want it and plenty who don't. The ones that do get strong quickly. the ones that don't usually aren't lifting for the right reasons.

Some people just have unreasonable expectations as to how fast strength comes. People occasionally tell me how in "awe" they are of my "natural" strength. I've been lifting for 26 years on and off.

Not saying this to sound arrogant, but give me a month with a "naturally weak" individual and I will make him see he's stronger than he thinks.

I just want to say to you personally that I encourage you to stop thinking in terms of "strong and weak." Go into the gym after one more rep than last time. This will make you strong quickly and all that matters.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 04-30-2013 at 12:44 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote