View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole grunt View Post

Nutrition: between waking and 3pm I had a couple handfuls of almonds, an apple, and a carrot. Lots of water all day long. Post workout whey shake then the feast began. Started off with the world's largest salad (mostly just romaine lettuce) with a balsamic vinagrette made with EVOO. Second part was about 12 oz of roasted Turket breast and a few ounces of cheddar cheese. I just finished off with a bowl of pasta (whole grain) with kidney beans and tomatos. Will probably try to down a small shake before bed (coming up soon). Overall, I had good energy and really didn't experience the overwhelming hunger I expected for the first day. The feast was about as painful as the workout though. Not used to eating that much at once anymore, but I'm sure I'll adjust.

Any advice from those experienced with the WD is appreciated, as I fully intend to reach my goals.
The main problem with the WD is muscle loss. So I do recommend add shakes like you're doing to get enough protein in at night.

I lose 45 pounds in 2 months on the WD, and lost about 6 to 8 pounds of muscle. So the WD will definitely lean you out and drop weight quickly. It looks like your approach is very solid.

One thing I recommend for most everyone is to get an inexpensive skin fold caliper from Amazon and to test bodyfat. This will help you to see how the diet is affecting you.

I run a modified WD right now, taking in whey protein and low-glycemic fruits and veggies during the day.

My recommendation is to stay on the WD as is for at least 2 months, drop weight, and keep lifting hard. At your weight you have a good base muscle mass, and if you do lose anything, muscle memory will help bring it back. It's more important to drop fat right now.

I found on the WD that I had great energy during the day, and my strength kept going up.

Best of luck!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote