View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
SaxonViolence
Brawn
Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributor

Can't remember where I first read of it...

I think it was in an article about The Barbarian Brothers.

Its just the one Rep and Pause seemed very effective and I though folks were being cheated a bit by always being presented with what I perceived of as Lesser Variations.

The Gym where I trained at, we trained every set to Failure (8-15 reps x 2 or at most 3 sets) and accepted that unless we were one of the gifted few, we would run into a brick wall about six months into training and make only very occasional gains in Strength thereafter...

Despite literally turning each session into a Torture Session.

Pure Rest Pausealong with 20 Rep Squats—was one of those Magic Exercises that could actually add 20-30 pounds to One's Bench (until one hit the Inevitable Plateau)...

Magic Exercises are so Rare and Precious that they Deserve to be in a Category all by themselves—not lumped into a hodge-podge of exercises that may be effective, but are not Magical.

Didn't mean to be argumentative.

It's just that when folks lay out "Rest-Pause" strategies, the Purest one seems to inevitably be the one they neglect to mention...

Saxon Violence

Last edited by SaxonViolence; 04-29-2013 at 11:55 AM.
SaxonViolence is offline   Reply With Quote