Menace
Max Brawn
Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Probably seated row
Fav Supp: Anabolic Pump
emekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
Do you hire someone to do your nutrition for shows?
Hey Cutty!!

This is the first year that i decided to hire some help. Although i know how to get in to contest shape, I've never had a highly productive off season. So last December i hired a local guy named Sean Maloney. He used to compete back in the 90's and was also a gladiator. We met in 2009 and his personality fits me well.

So we are working together now in my off season and getting to learn my body so that when i start my prep in Aug we can both have a decent understanding of my body. He's never worked with a bodytype like mine so this is a learning experience for us both, lol.

Quick story about my trainer: When we had our first meeting to discuss how we will approach my off season, i told him "I'm carb sensitive." He replied "Well most poeple just don't know how to approach carbs and then end up saying that but that's very rarely the case."

Well, we have been working together for almost 5 months now and he has yet to take my carb intake about 270gms per day. lol, I'm still growing and he can't figure it out. He eventually just accepted that he is working with someone who is truly carb sensitive. lol

But thats why we mesh well, because instead of sticking me on some 500gms of carbs typical off season diet, he was willing to accept the fact that his intial assumption was not accurate and that he needed to create an approach that would be tailored to that.

Sorry for the long reply...

www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
emekajokammor is offline   Reply With Quote