View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 12:06 AM   #7
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Eat until satisfied.

Wait at least an hour before eating again.

Use common sense.

Use balance.

Eat when hungry.

Drink plenty of water.

Minimum 180 grams of protein per day.

Minimum 25-30% fats per day.

Eat whole, nutritiously dense foods 80% of the time.

Know that it is hard to get fat from foods that aren't calorie dense. (Easy to eat 800 calories of gummy worms, hard to eat 800 calories of potatoes...therefore, you can eat more bulk when the foods are calorie dense and still have a hard time getting fat.

If you can't gain weight, take a precise one week look at your calorie intake.

Learn how to cook. 99% of bodybuilding meals suck, and are as bland as licking dirt.
Huh. This looks familiar.

Except I don't count calories, no matter what. Just don't want to live that way.

Also, I make sure to get a good amount of fruit and (mainly) vegetables every day. At least some veges of various kinds. And I try to "eat the rainbow", lol. No, seriously - it's one of the only "diet theories" that has made sense to me, because of all the goodies that are genuinely to be found in different coloured vegetables and fruits.

And fat intake isn't something I'm worried about.

The only thing I do count, sometimes, to see if I'm more or less on track, is daily protein intake. Reason being, I *know* that's very important to muscle growth, maintenance, etc.

But otherwise, it's pretty much "au naturel" or however you spell that.

And I agree wholeheartedly that food needs to taste good and feel good. Eesh. What is it with people and their crazy ass masochism...