View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #21
SaxonViolence
Brawn
Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributor
Cool

Let me admit upfront:

I am very obese.

Just because one lives in a "Glass House" in a "Glass Neighborhood" is no Moral Reason to refrain from "Throwing Stones" when "Throwing Stones" is called for.

{Unless one has a "Non-Conceptual Mentality" and Theorizes purely in terms of Pragmatism.}

Fat is more than unsightly and unhealthy...

It is Evil.

Giving into it is the Wickedest Possible Action Possible to a Human Being.

On the other hand, like Castenda's "Fourth Enemy of a Man of Knowledge" Fat is something we can never completely defeat in this life—just keep it (barely) at bay and under control.

One cannot survive with Zero Percent Bodyfat...

And while an Addict can Quit Shooting Dope and the Dipsomaniac can Stop Drinking...

The Nascent Fat Man Cannot Kick the Eating Habit completely.

I often wonder though:

We don't cut the Cannibal or the Mad Bomber any Slack because he Quit eating human flesh or terrorizing innocent people—his Past still Condemns him.

But we often celebrate someone who lost 180 Pounds of Fat?

Should we be so quick to Forgive such an Unforgivable Act of Moral Degeneracy?

Anorexia is probably not the answer...

Though I sometimes wonder if the only choice was between Anorexia and Obesity, if Anorexia isn't the better course.

At least it isn't a Moral Disgrace to be Anorexic...

But this is the Tightrope that many walk.

Waking up those Fat Cells may summon a Demon that cannot be contained.

And figure in this:

Outside of the less than 1% of people who have the Iron Will to live their whole lives eating only what they have decided they "Should"...

Everyone eats until they are satisfied.

This strategy works fairly well for most people—and it is nigh impossible to consistently eat less than one craves...

{And note: People live and die without ever permanently losing the 10, 15 or 25 Vanity pounds that they'd like to shed.

They are just as incapable of eating less than they crave than a 500 Fat Man.}

But for a minority—an ever-growing minoritythe Default Strategy of Eating until Satisfied creates Gross Obesity.

{And yes, the more Obesity is Involuntary, the more Blameworthy it is.

"I couldn't help it." Is not a Mitigating Factor, on the Contrary, it is an Aggravating Factor.}

Saxon Violence
SaxonViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links