View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #16
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
To be honest, every guy I know my age has weighs around 120 to 135 pounds.
At school in the changing rooms, everyone looked the same as me to be honest.

Before I started, I certainly wasn't an unhealthy person.
I did loads of sports, had 3 pretty large meals a day including snacks in between.
More or less all the meals I ate were really heathy too, I'm half Spanish, my family are from the Canary Islands. My parents only cook Spanish food really. I haven't eaten anything processed in my life.
My meals re the same now, just extra.

Even though I ate quite allot, I'm still skinny.
I have a friend who weighs around 110 pounds. He eats complete crap, his diet just consists of sweets and cereal on the whole. I tried to get him to start weight lifting with me, and starting a new diet but when we tried it, he just couldn't cope with the food.
He has allot of problems from ex ma to jaundice too, and its all down to his diet.

What I'm getting at is that I think its often a misconception, that if your skinny, you eat like a magpie and live an unhealthy lifestyle.

My opinion as far as abs go is that they're the icing on the cake.
I'm much more interested is getting a huge back and massive shoulders, than I am about abs.
I've started to care less and less about abs as I've gone on to be honest.

Abs have been popularized by the media, particularly in film. I guess guys see all the girls drooling over ripped actors, and want to replicate that.
Its understandable really if your only lifting to look good. You see women craving abs, so you do your best to appeal to them by getting a ripped six pack yourself.
Guys have a misconception about what females want, just as females have a misconception about what men really want in a woman. Some females (girls included) find the ripped male physique repulsive.

In the end, it a person's character that is decisive in what a woman or man will be drawn to, even if the initial looks, whatever they happen to be, play a minor role.