View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

FYI, his words after this incident:

Quote:
In the beginning I was not eating enough food, and once I got some momentum going, I was eating TOO MUCH food. I had to learn that gaining muscle takes time, and you can’t FORCE it to happen any faster by shoveling outrageous amounts of food down your throat.
Quote:
Eat clean, but eat enough. Many times I felt like I was eating a lot of food simply because I was eating frequently, but then when I would calculate it out and it was not nearly enough to support my training.
Quote:
You have to be willing to lose a little bit of definition temporarily when trying to gain muscle mass. It can be hard to transition into a “bulking” phase when you have a low body fat percentage, because some fat gain is inevitable, but it is easy to strip off the fat if you don’t let it get too bad. Every gym has these people. People that look EXACTLY the same year round because they’re afraid to put on a little temporary fluff. People also try to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, but unless you are a rank beginner or have the aid of anabolic steroids, this will simply not happen under normal circumstances. Figure out whether you want to gain muscle, lose fat, or maintain and plan accordingly, but you can only do one at a time without spinning your wheels. Just some food for thought: Muscle takes years to build, and fat takes only weeks to lose.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote