Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #315
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADETGUSV View Post
Hello BBOD thanks for the videos I am a you tuber put on to your channel I think by Icecreamfitness. Anyway briefly I have been getting after strength training as of late and my numbers are coming up well, currently on a 5x5 program I am squatting 315

My question for you is I get a bit of soreness the day after in my lower back from 1to10 I would say its a 2 1/2 nothing a foam rolling in the morning doesn't fix. I dont feel anything during or after the lift the day of. My form feels great to me I get a bounce at the bottom and dont think I am coming to far forward.

Is this a natural b/c of the heavier weight or do I need to work on tightening up my form in some way ? Is there a couple of suggestions you can make as to what form problem I am having with out seeing the movement?

Thanks again for your help and your dedication to the growth of your sport
Hi Cadet,

Some lower back soreness can be natural. the first thing I would suggest is letting me take a look at your squat form. There are several things I can look for that might be causing you to strain your lower back.

Let me know if you have a video available.

If your form is good, then it's time to consider some other options to reduce that.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote