Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #312
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxonViolence View Post
Friend,

I was checking out some of the Powerlifting Federations and I came across this classification scheme for The APA-WPA Federation:

Let me introduce you to my standards for naturals, just to store in your toolbox:

What Is Strong? Real World Strength Standards For Raw, Natural Lifters | Huge Gainer

Quote:
1465 or 1515 to be an Elite Lifter?
Yes, certainly for that age range. My first local NATURAL (I was tested) powerlifting meet I hit a 1501 total. I was the top lifter. The second lifter had a 1350 total.

1400 to 1500 is great for naturals who are raw. Youtube twists our perception of strong. There have only been under 90 untested raw lifters in the history of the sport that have hit 2000 raw.

Quote:
Is shooting for "Elite" classification over a 2 or 3 year period a realistic goal for someone 56?
Yes! Drive is a wonderful thing. I transitioned in 3 years from a torn shoulder and weak deadlift into a near-Elite lifter. Certainly can be done.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote