Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #311
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davez View Post
Here's the video, pic and info as requested.
Sorry for the delayed response. Was away at Nationals this weekend and finally getting caught up.

Thanks for the info. Can definite tell you've been studying form. Well done.

My honest assessment is that your strength levels are still very low and you haven't experienced beginner muscle gains yet, so for that reason I would consider you a beginner. Not a novice, but a beginner.

Excuse the 80s clothing and glasses, but this was me as an early intermediate. I am posting it as a goal for you. If you can add 10-15 pounds of muscle, get your bench over 200, squat over 300, you will be well on your way towards reaching your goals. I wouldn't worry about your level, but rather on hitting those numbers.

Regarding your squat you are hyperextending your lower back a bit, and forcing it out unnaturally before you squat. Let it naturally move back as you squat, and don't hyperextend it. I can tell you've been studying Rippetoe (or maybe Mehdi). This is a common mistake among people who try to squat using his advice. Mark actually warns against lower back hyperextension in a video.

You hyperextend your lower back before the first rep. Watch the video. Minor issue, just try to avoid it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links