BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Legally you have a right to a reasonable degree of clean air in your home, or to be free of nuisance. I don't know the legal mumbo jumbo, but I have heard cases where lawsuits have been threatened.

Neighbors File Lawsuit Over Smoker's Stench - Total Injury

The Smoker Next Door: Handling Unwanted Tobacco Smoke In Apartments And Condominiums - no-smoke.org

I would consider sending an anon, polite, but firm letter asking that steps be taken to reduce the problem, and mention that if there is no compliance, you would consider filing a lawsuit.

I know this isn't always possible, but it is an option if you feel comfortable.
That is a great bit of information. I may consider actually speaking with an attorney depending on what occurs.
The letter idea is also good. Kelly also suggested we do this. I struggle though whether our first and only interaction with them should be a letter. I do think the letter could and would be a very good way to get the point across without getting to emotional and worked up on my end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Or you could pleasantly talk to them and say the smoke is getting into your baby's room, and ask kindly if they could help prevent that.
That is the other approach. I figure you having older children have maybe been in similar situations and may have some good insight. I being a newer parent have not really had to deal with anything like this yet, it is somewhat new to me.
Anyway, honestly, the smoke it getting into the baby's room. Last night we had company over. We put the baby to bed in our room and had the window open. When I went to check on him, the room smelled of pot.
My heart sunk first, then I felt the rage second.
Then, when our company was leaving, you could smell the marijuana at our front door. It was very embarassing.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.

Last edited by BigJosh; 04-24-2013 at 11:12 AM.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote