BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default Neighbors Smoking Marijuana

I need help with a problem I am having. I bought a new house and have been living there a couple months now. Lately, the last 2-3 weeks, I have been often smelling a strong scent of marijuana. It is coming from my neighbor. They are smoking marijuana outside on there patio, about twenty feet from my patio/house. I am not sure what to do about it.

To be clear, I am not anti marijuana necessarily. I believe that if someone wants to use it in the privacy of there own home, that is ok. And I respect a persons right to do so. However, I also believe that it is the right of others to live in a comfortable, marijuana free environment if they so choose. Bottom line, they have the right to smoke it in there house, but I have the right to not have to smell it at mine.

The biggest personal issue I am having with it is I have a 2 year old son. I moved into this house, in this neighborhood to give him a better place to grow up. Well, this makes me sad to say, but I feel like because of this I have failed him by exposing him to this. This upsets me greatly and has been keeping me up at night.

I know I need to do something, but I don't know what to do. My primal instinct wants to take the aggresive route, tell them to keep that shit in there house or I'm going to beat there ass. But really, that will lead to no where but trouble. Plus I don't want to be "at war" with my neighbors. I mean come on, i need to be more civilized than that.
My Fiance has suggested we knock on there front door and talk to them. I agree this is a good approach. I just fear they are going to tell me to fuck off. And then what am I to do?
I thought about taking the nice but direct approach. Going over there with cookies, meeting them being nice, and then informing them that the weed smell is really strong when they smoke outside. Maybe they aren't even aware of it?
The last option would be to get the police involved, but that also could make a long term enemy.

Not sure what to do guys and gals. Any advice would be appreciated.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.

Last edited by BigJosh; 04-24-2013 at 10:36 AM.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links