Thread: Tracking macros
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #9
Grambo
Brawn
Points: 4,240, Level: 41 Points: 4,240, Level: 41 Points: 4,240, Level: 41
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 15 Years
Grambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravenFenix View Post
Macros are not more important as long as protein is kept constant since carbs and fats are energy sources. You can throw in more protein if you wish, with only 25% termogenic effect it wont make much of a difference in the grand scheme unless you habitually consume a lot, in which case you increase calories to make up for the lose.

Personally, I tell my clients/friends/anyone who asks me to think of macros on a weekly average instead of daily. It's ok if they miss 20g of protein one day and increase the next, or a 100 calories here and there. After a couple weeks start to get better at hitting each macro on a daily basis.
We are pretty much saying the same thing just going about it a different way.
If your macros are in check then your calories are and if you're calories are in check your macros probably are.

What do you mean exactly when you say carbs and fats are energy sources? Protein can be an energy source as well. Obviously you can't just eat all you want of them. Just trying to see where you're coming from on that.
Grambo is offline   Reply With Quote