Old 04-24-2013, 12:59 AM   #6
BravenFenix
The Big Boss
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 04/2013
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
BravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
I'd actually say tracking Macros > than Calories. If you're hitting your set up macros you're hitting your calories anyway.
Agree that first priority is protein then the other macro nutrients.

If you're interested in taking your physique to the next level be it by cutting or bulking (besides all out powerlifting/pure bulk) keeping track of what you eat is important. It's important for your health as well particularly as we age.
Macros are not more important as long as protein is kept constant since carbs and fats are energy sources. You can throw in more protein if you wish, with only 25% termogenic effect it wont make much of a difference in the grand scheme unless you habitually consume a lot, in which case you increase calories to make up for the lose.

Personally, I tell my clients/friends/anyone who asks me to think of macros on a weekly average instead of daily. It's ok if they miss 20g of protein one day and increase the next, or a 100 calories here and there. After a couple weeks start to get better at hitting each macro on a daily basis.

Lifts: https://www.youtube.com/user/BravenFitness

Training Log: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sho...304#post443304

Last edited by BravenFenix; 04-24-2013 at 01:05 AM.
BravenFenix is online now   Reply With Quote