Thread: beta alanine?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Does anyone on here take beta alanine, I was debating adding it to my new supplement stack which consists of stim x and whey protein. I am not sure exactly the best way to take it but it seems fairly cheap in bulk.

also is there a difference between cheap pure beta alanine like gnc's brand and some of the more expensive ones like biotests' beta 7??

I am not sure if there is any research on beta alanine and I have never taken the pure form, does anyone have any info on beta alanine?
I did an article on beta alanine. I know that the results reveal that it is most effective when taken longer then 10 weeks...so basically, long term it's benefits look somewhat promising.

Here's a a comment from the article I wrote:

Quote:
Studies show that beta-alanine raises muscle carnosine composition. During exercise, beta-alanine produced carnosine assists the body in buffering acid in muscle tissue, delaying fatigue and improving performance.

Current studies indicate that beta-alanine increases muscle mass and strength. It has also been shown that beta-alanine increases aerobic and anaerobic endurance. Simply put, beta-alanine allows you to train longer with more weight.

Beta-alanine appears to be most effective after 10 weeks of continuous supplementation.
Personally, beta alanine is a fairly straight forward supplement. I would be leery of a brand that has too many bells and whistles, or that costs too much.

Link => Primordial Performance sells 300 grams for only $12.99 at BB.com

I check IPYU, but can't find a lower cost brand.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote