Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #293
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankdogg7233 View Post
Hey BBOD! First I want to thank you for the all the great info you give on your YouTube channel. I found you through icecreamfitness channel, and your channel is now one of my favorites.

I plan to join the Navy within the next year. My main obstacle is my weight. Is there a program that you can recommend that would help me to build strength and lose fat. Maybe something that includes bodyweight exercises as well as weights. I'm 30 years old , 5'11" and 247 lbs. I'm looking to lose at least 20 more pounds to bring my bodyfat below the max,which is 20%(calculated by tape measure). Thanks in advance for your help!
Thanks Tank.

I am ex-Army. Been through the fun of basic training. My best advice is to do the following:

1) Start running 3-4x a week. Start slow, maybe 2-3 minutes, and try to improve a little bit each week. By next year you will be a running maniac.

2) Start doing push ups and sit ups 4-5 days a week. You don't have to do a lot, but you need to get used to the demands of frequency. I would do 5 sets a day, with the last one for each exercise being an all-out set.

3) Food...don't crash diet. Start your calories around 2400 a day. Watch this for 2 weeks. If you are not losing weight after 2 weeks then let me know.

^ This sounds hard, and you will feel tired, but at the end of the tunnel you will not only feel better, but be more than ready for the military.

One final point about strength...bench press never really helped my push ups. You can do strength training if you'd like, but the best way to improve on push ups is to do push ups.

Hope that helps.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote