Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Just did some math for fun. I realized that I've added almost 300lb to my total in the less than the 4 months I've applied myself almost exclusively to powerlifting. My total now is 1270, and before I shipped for basic training I remember being excited that I was in the 1000lb club. Ha.

So I decided to extrapolate what I may be able to accomplish in the next few years based on my progress so far. Obviously, my progress will slow as my numbers increase, but even using fairly conservative numbers I'm still projecting that I can add enough to my total to be lifting elite both raw and geared in the next 2 years.

I've already added 270lb to my total in 4 months. I firmly believe that I can replicate these results in the next year, adding 100lb to each of my lifts and increasing my total to 1570 by April 2014. This would put me at master level and just shy of elite. Also, for geared lifting, if I can get 100lb out of my gear for both bench and squats and 50 for deadlift then I'll also be just shy of elite for geared lifting.

This gets me very, very excited. I KNOW that I can keep getting stronger and better at this sport, and the thought of really being able to compete at a reasonably high level gets me freaking stoked. Like I said, I know progress will slow down as the numbers go up, but I also know that I've got a LOT more in me, and I know how to get it out.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote