View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #4
SaxonViolence
Brawn
Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributor
Cool

It depends on what you mean by "Aesthetic"...

I used to say that Bodybuilding Aesthetics seemed based on what would happen if you took the typical High School Varsity Quarterback and bulked him up to Real Man sized, and then a bit beyond...

As opposed to taking a Defensive Tackle or End and packing Even More Muscle on him.

Nowadays with Bodybuilders like Lee Hanney and Kai Green, this isn't true any longer...

Those guys are Brutes...

But look at Hollywood or Male Models...

And the whole thing revolves around the ideal of a man—or woman—with a Wasp-Waist...

And as my old Weight Coach used to say, "Extraordinary Power does not go along with a Wasp-Waist."

O yeah, you can find some exceptional dude with a 31" waist that can Squat more than me and you put together...

But these are Mutants—and probably juicing too.

Case in point:

Why do so few guys put much effort into developing a big thick neck?

Because a halfway muscular man with a 21" neck looks like a Brute—and many are trying to avoid looking too Masculine...

Saxon Violence
SaxonViolence is offline   Reply With Quote