Get my head out of my A$$, and get "BIG"
New start....New log!
Those who follow my old log, know I have been in a rut lately. Well after my first meet, and some self examination, I am more fired up than ever to make some progress.
I examined how I was doing things lately...and how I did them when I made great progress. Here are some things I found, and my solutions...
1. Second job taking its toll on my time and recovery...cut it back from 5 days a week to Fri night and Saturday.
2. Diet..slowly over time I started going up in carbs, down in Protein...back to fewer carbs and more protein, and cleaner eating.
3. AGAIN...made the mistake thinking I could write my own program....AGAIN I need to get my head out of my A$$ and use a proven program (BIG) by someone (JB) who knows what he is doing.
4. Get back to more intense training like I used to do!!
5. Get to bed earlier.
6. This will be the hardest one (because I am a former fatty).......eat to gain weight!
So, with that all said and done. I started "BIG" by JB yesterday, and I am going to follow it to the letter, any substitutions will be approved by him in advance!!
Next meet in July, add 60 lbs to my 3 lift total, 10 in Bench, 20 in Squat, nad 30 in Deads!!
Best Gym Lifts...Dosen't matter....they don't count!
Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 330
Bench = 215
Dead = 375
Total = 904
The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
Last edited by moeheep; 04-15-2013 at 11:24 AM.