Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #290
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinWorkouts View Post
Hey, I just pulled 440lbs using the Ed Coan Deadlift program. It was only 12 weeks long. What should I do to get up to a 500lb deadlift? maybe by the month of July?
First thing you need to know is that big jumps come when you're starting, but they decrease with time. That's a huge jump and there is no program on the planet I could recommend that would guarantee that big of a jump for you right now.

My advice is to keep doing what you're doing. When you find something that works, stick with it. Instead of chasing numbers, chase progress and keep killing programs that are creating gains. You'll get to 500 soon enough.

It took me a year to go from 565 to 622, and another 18 months to get to 675.

That's 10.5 cycles, if I were using a 12 week program like you. So I gained about 10 pounds every 10 weeks. This is extremely good progress for an intermediate lifter. My point is this...it might take you to year's end to get to 500 with where you are at now.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote