Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #289
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cairnsey08 View Post
Have you ever used machines bearded beast of Duloc ? whats your opinion on them
Sure I've used some. I was forced to use a Smith machine for a year on bench press in 1996. I worked out early, the gym had no spotters, so I gave the Smith a try. I also used some cables over the year.

Seated cable rows are actually one of my favorite back exercises.

My opinion...lifters should avoid most machines for at least a year. Build a base on the quality movements, work on form, learn to grow and eat. Once you know how to grow, and are in it for muscle building, then you will know best how to maximize machines.

In some cases machines can be easier on the joints. In some cases, such as with the Smith machine, they can be worse. My year of using the Smith for bench tore me up.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote