Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #288
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostDisorder View Post
In reference to first Q, i'm 5'9" and 20. Since i started properly training i've been at a constant SLIGHT deficit which has helped shed what fat i had, in the process gained moderate mass, and now at a point where just maintaining, but psychologically, it fees like you're making no progress.
Host I am going to be honest with you because I care and want to see you reach your goals.

Right now you are 5'9" 143. You are rail thin with little muscle mass, no disrespect meant. You are also 20. You need to stop cutting diets and build muscle mass. Eat to satiety with 80% clean foods. You will not get fat doing this.

You have 2 options:

1) Continue to remain underweight the rest of your life, fearing all fat gain.
2) Eat normally with clean foods, trusting you won't get obese.

It takes a lot of work to get obese. You are not going to get fat eating to satiety with clean foods.

If you spend the rest of your life worried about going +-5-10 pounds of fat you'll remain super thin and will never build muscle. Bodybuilders get 30 to 40 pounds heavier in the off-season and don't look fat.

Also, as long as you remain thin, gaining a couple of pounds of fat will make you look worse. After you add 20-25 pounds of muscle, 5-10 extra pounds of fat makes you look better.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote