View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #190
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast
Default Saturday, 4/13 (cont.)

Got back out there tonight to the abandoned field for some GPP. Not much, just trying to put all the pieces together, get myself used to 2 sessions. I'll turn up the intensity once I settle in to a routine.

I wanted to do something different tonight, give Mighty Sled the night off. There are a bunch of abandoned shopping carts at the field. So I assembled...

The Ghetto Prowler

Piled it up with rocks (I put in more after the photo) and let'er rip. The reason I call it a prowler even though it has wheels is because:
  1. the wheels aren't air-filled, so they don't absorb shock or adjust to bumps or slight changes in the terrain. They have two modes: move or get stuck.
  2. the fact that it rolls isn't an advantage at all. You have to be much more careful with your footing because if it either gets caught and abruptly stops or hits a smooth patch and flies forward, then prepare your mouth and nose for slamming into the cart handle or the rocks.
  3. when this thing gets stuck, you have to work even harder to get it unstuck or just to get it moving again. Basically shopping carts weren't designed for a field with dips, bumps, and crap lying everywhere.

Oh yeah, and the red light on the wheels indicating shopping cart theft/automatic wheel brake kept blinking! LOL

Lower (Push Ghetto Prowler forward but keeping feet flat at all times)
2 x ~40 yds.

Upper (Overhead press movement using the rope handles fed through the frame of Ghetto Prowler)
1 x ~20 yds.

Upper (Throw a medium sized rock using a bench press motion)
2 x ~100 yds.

I won't be able to train upper body on Ghetto Prowler. When I tried, it kept falling over. I had to improvise something else tonight, so the only thing I could think of was throwing rocks. I would use two hands to set up, make sure the elbow of my throwing arm was flared, and then "throw" the rock in a pressing motion. Even though I went all that distance, it just didn't provide the burn that Mighty Sled does. Oh well, not all experiments are successful.

Last edited by SecondsOut; 04-13-2013 at 09:45 PM.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote