View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #19
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefboy1980 View Post
I'm committed to bulking for the rest of the year regardless of BF composition
Quote:
I do only want to gain around 1.5lb per month consistently
aren't the bolded parts contradictory? still sounds like you're trying to find a razor thin margin between bulking and cutting that i personally don't think exists. have you seen IceCreamFitness recently? he's on a bulk. he's obviously gained lots of muscle (he openly admits to steroid use) but he's put on quite a bit of fat as well. have you seen pics of bodybuilders in their bulking phases? they're extreme examples because they're trying to get every 1/10 of an ounce of muscle they can, but still:

In my opinion, the notion that the average person can accumulate appreciable lean mass while staying lean is a myth used to get you to read more articles and buy more supplements. I think the easiest targets for this myth are educated guys who are used to earning achievements through reading and research or just guys who think science holds all the answers and can give us what we want.

I don't think you took the time to read that article I posted by miked96...

Quote:
I've heard the moto eat big to get big & it's BS in my opinion. I ate big once & gained a ton of fat far too quickly & that fat has stayed with me for many years.
"eat big" and "overeat" are two different things. no one here told you to overeat, and it sounds like what you were doing was overeating. again, you seem to equate all fat gain with overeating. yes, excess fat gain is a sign of overeating. but if you're not gaining some fat on a bulk, i'm sorry, but you're just wrong. also, if you're obsessively trying to control the amount of fat you gain on a meal-to-meal or even on a daily basis...again, i'm sorry, but i just don't thinking this is a successful strategy for getting big and strong. i've been there and done that, and i wasted years not making progress.

Last edited by SecondsOut; 04-13-2013 at 09:57 AM.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote