View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #185
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast
Default Friday, 4/12

I've taken the last 2 weeks off to catch up on work and to let my elbows heal up. I don't think my elbows are completely healed, but it feels like the kind of thing where some light pressing would actually help make them feel better.
Today, I decided to check out a new gym. It's a hole-in-the-wall community center gym. The membership fee is dirt cheap, the hours line up pretty well with my schedule, and the place was completely empty when I went there tonight. It was so nice not to have to wait for the power rack!

I kept the workout short and light. Just trying to get primed for more serious work later:

Squat
10 x bar
8 x 135
4 x 225

3 x 10 x 185

Bench
15 x bar
10 x 95
8 x 145
2 x 195

3 x 10 x 145

Been experiencing lower back pain. I believe it's from sitting reading for long hours. There was no original injury, and my back felt strong last week. Only thing that makes sense is lack of exercise + long hours of sitting.
Squat didn't aggravate my back, but bench did. My back hurt so much benching that I could barely concentrate on the lift. That said, everything was easy tonight. I could've gotten 195 for 5, maybe 6 or 7.

The bench work felt like child's play compared to the sled. Felt like I could've pumped that 145 all day. Definitely doesn't have the psychological factor like the sled does. Mighty Sled.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote