View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #255
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

BENCH AND SQUATS

10minutes of foam rolling, band stretching and hip drills

Bench Press working up in triples
Bar x 10
60kgs x 10
80kgs x 5
100kgs x 3
115kgs x 3
125kgs x 3
135kgs x 2.5 Lost tightness and slid back up the bench as I got leg drive. This put me in a horrible position and I couldn't finish the rep.
Add slingshot
150kgs x 3 (a bit sloppy), 3 with better pauses

Squats
Bar x 20, 20, 20 Hip was tight but no real pain
40kgs x 10 with a bit more tightness and discomfort. Decided to not push it and instead did 4 more sets of 10.

CGBP 95kgs x 10, 8, 7 (+2.5kgs from last week)

Hammer curls 15kgs x 12, 10 drop set 8kgs x 7

Face pulls 6plates x 20, 20

Bench was ok tonight. Need to start using the higher bench again and chalking my back more. This will help me to keep the same position for the whole of a set and not just the first rep. I rushed the third rep a bit but if I hadn't slipped, I still would have had it I think.

Squats were a non-starter. I have stopped taking ibuprofen because the hip hasn't bothered me in day-to-day activities. Turns out squatting is NOT the same as walking around or sitting on my *** at work. Back on the painkillers and more rehab to be done. CGBP was good. Getting close to the magic 100kgs for 3 x 10. That'll be a decent milestone. I'd normally finish with leg press but didn't want to stress the hip so did some curls and face pulls.

Back in on Sunday but a lot more rehab to be done before then.
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote