View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceblitz View Post
today i weight 290 lbs, with 23% bf and 30% muscle.
That's not a bad place to be. At least you are well ahead of where you started.

Quote:
I've started last week and lost 10lbs of my weight, which isn't much but is a good start.
That is a lot. Don't sell yourself short.

Quote:
so I wanted people's advice on what i should do in terms of calorie intake limits, bodybuilding supplements, how long i should do cardio(I was told by someone to limit it to 40 mins as it can stop you gaining muscle). Any advice would be great.
Right now you feel overwhelmed. My advice is to slow down and remember that you are turning your life over and starting a lifestyle. Not everything has to be rushed. Some things need time.

Focus on the things you can control:

1) Trying to get stronger using a good workout program.
2) Losing weight.

You know how many calories it takes for you to lose weight. For us to toss out numbers isn't going to help much. I suggest getting to 210, keeping track of your calorie intake, and making proper adjustments from there.

You really don't "need" to do any cardio. Weight loss comes primarily from diet. With that said, 3-4 sessions per week of 20-30 minutes is great for overall health. I wouldn't do cardio for weight loss, I would do it for health.

Supplements I recommend a quality multivitamin, fish oil and whey protein. make sure you are taking in at least 200 grams of protein per day while cutting the weight.

Once the weight is of you will continue with your workout plan while bringing your calories back to a more normalized level.

Muscle building takes years. Look at it as a 3-5 year plan. Once the weight is off you can build muscle the right way.

As far as a workout with weights, I would do anything over 75 minutes a day. You don't need volume, you need to improve your strength and build muscle.

Some questions:

What exercises can you do at home? Squats? Bench?
What calorie level have you been eating at when your weight loss is full steam?
What workout programs have you used so far?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote