Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #265
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smankin92 View Post
Hi Bearded Beast,
I have a question about squat form. What's your opinion on whether knees can go past your toes? I've heard for a long time that it will put too much stress on your knees but i've also seen people like elliot hulse say that its a natural movement and that your knees will adapt to the added stress and get stronger. i use a narrow stance by the way and always make sure to go at least parallel if not lower
My knees have always gone past my toes.

My honest opinion is this...I want a lifter to learn a squat form that feels natural to them. If they are hitting depth and have weeded out common flaws like the tendency to good morning a squat, then I wouldn't worry about knees going past toes.

I know a lot of raw squatters who could care less about knees and toes, and I've never seen them have issues from it.

The worst thing you can do to your knees is squat above parallel. This creates an anterior dominant squat, and places more stress on the knees.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote