View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie828 View Post
Yesterday I woke up with a stiff neck and the pain is driving me crazy. I believe that it is from sleeping wrong, and has nothing to do with lifting. Anyway, I took some aspirin and took it easy for the day hoping that the pain would go away. Nope, this morning woke up to another hurting neck. What do you suggest that I do or take for this? I have never been to a chiro, and will not go. The sound of the bones popping freak me out, and my dad never believed in them, so that is why I have never been to one. What other than a chiro, do you do for a stiff neck?
But popping bones are fun There's a youtube vid which shows how to pop your own neck, I gave that a try and it felt great afterwards. You could also look into how you're sleeping, that's normally the cause, if there are no other underlying physical issues that are causing it; yoga helps too, nothing intense, just the Sun Salutation which takes a few minutes, done once everyday.