MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Thanks for thinking of me fellas! Unfortunately I had a terrible meet. The kids had had strep throat all week, and I ended up with a viral infection and started anti-biotics on Friday. I really was feeling much better Saturday morning and thought I would be OK for the meet once the adenaline kicked in and whatnot, but that just didn't happen. I was wiped out by the end and slept 15 hours afterward.

Squat: hit 330, then missed a weight, and missed 358 on third, second was a misload that just drove me into the floor, they gave me another attempt, but I didn't take it, just tried for my second again on my third attempt and never really had it.

Bench: Went OK, got 242 and 264, put up 275, but butt came up.

Deadlift: Got 336, got 369 up, but apparently hitched, tried it again but I had nothing left and I barely got it up to my shins.

I could make some other excuses too. We were the odd flight with only 8 lifters that was the last flight to go and they rushed us, lifting essentially every 6-7 minutes, judging was REALLY tight, the floor was not totally solid so squats felt awkward, etc. But, honestly it just wasn't my day

So, inched up my squat and bench PRs under pretty bad conditions. Really wanted a big deadlift and didn't come close. But that's the way it goes. I'm really disappointed that I didn't show off all the gains JB helped get, but I will do much better next time.

358 miss:
Not sure which bench this is:
275 miss:
369 red lighted:

That's it. Going to take the whole week off. Then get back to work next week.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote