View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #13
IronWill
Max Brawn
Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: Powerbuilding
IronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
I have stands almost exactly like those and they are fine for squatting. You are not going to max those out for years, and even then you can use them for OHP, front Squats, you could lower them and bench press off them, inclines, etc. They probably even adjust up high enough that you could set a bar on them and do pullups too. RUssians pretty much only use stands and they're strong as f**k.

If you find a better deal for something similar go for it, but those will work just fine for you for a long time. And get some saw horses for safeties in the near future. Those longer arms lower down are actually safeties and will do fine for a while, but once you get going heavy, they are not so good. I don't risk a miss that might not land on them, nor do I like to squat too close to the uprights to make sure I hit them. Saw horses are cheap too though.

My .02
I use mine for squats and bench like Mike said.
IronWill is offline   Reply With Quote