sleepingdog
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

4/5/13

Squats
45x8
135x8
225x6
315x5
365x3
385x2
405x1 PR!
415x1 PR!!!

Calf Raise/Chinup Superset (No rest between)
405x10x5/BWx8x5

Leg Press (rep goal 4x30)
650x10/8/6/5

GHR (rep goal 3x12)
BWx3/3/2

More awesomeness in the PR department. I am officially done with heavy singles for a little while though. I got to 385 which was supposed to be a single, but as soon as I unracked it I knew it felt light. I decided no messing around with just ending on a single of 400 and went for it. I've done 405 in the past, but having lost some strength since then, today's 405 was a "PR", and 415 really got my head racing. I feel on top of the world with lifts like that. I was so pumped I went ahead and supersetted what was supposed to be some regular sets and felt pretty awesome about it. I've finally hit my leg press limit. I'll have to work at this another week or two before I make anymore jumps on that machine. GHR was thrown in the mix at the last minute just because I was still feeling euphoric about my squats. I wouldn't call it a success yet, as it was a real struggle just to get a few reps out, but I knew going into it that I hadn't done them enough previously, and that it's a notoriously difficult maneuver. I'll be throwing these in somewhere each week hoping for some impact on my deads. Looking forward to busting out some moderate to heavy rep work next week. It's go time!

Personal tips that I've learned along my still short journey:

Leave your ego at the door.
Prepare. Showing up dehydrated, hungry, and tired will guarantee failure.
Be ready to fight for that grinder of a PR.
Listen and learn. Absorb everything you can, and assimilate that knowledge.

Top Gym lifts:
Squat: 415lbs
Deads: 440lbs
Bench: 315lbs
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote