View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Strangely, in relation to the press as you would for your sport aspect, I recently read a piece on Olympic lifters in which they don't press straight up with a dumbbell overhead press, as we would, but instead they allow their trajectory to follow/mimic that of the same end arm position as they would during the Olympic snatch movement.

That makes sense since Olympic lifts are as much technique as they are pure strength. If you practice a movement pattern that is different from your competition lift I can imagine it might have an negative impact in your snatch or C&J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRthat View Post
Thanks Swede. I am really enjoying some of the strongman articles you are putting out there. Keep it up
Glad you enjoyed it!