View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!
Default Strength building in the gym for Strongmen.

Ive used this program with great sucess this spring getting ready for competition season as a strongman this year. Ive set PRs in events every saturday so far this year (I think?)

Its a very simple and easy to follow. You will have 4 mayor sessions and If you do them in a week or in ten days is up to you. I also had events
training every saturday so on my busy weeks it took me 8-10 days to rotate.

Day 1: Bench Primary, OH Press secondary

A, Work up to a daily max on a bench press variation, follow it by doing 2-5 downsets with 2-3 reps. Go real heavy here and aim for a PR on
your single.

B, OH Press, 5 sets of 5-10. I alternate here and use strict, db's, bhn, pushpress or jerks.

C, Triceps exercise - I prefer floor presses since they help with my lockout on the overhead lifts.

D, Chins and curls and rear delts

Day 2: Leg day

A, Back squat, daily max and then 2-5 downsets, every other week you can alternate with 3-5 sets of higher reps but it depends on
how you feel.
B, Leg Press or frontsquat for 5 sets of 5-10
C, Do the quad or hamstring work you need to get stronger (target weak points)
D, Abs, planks, weighted.

Day 3: OH Press Primary, Bench secondary

A, Max out on a OHP, I like to alternate between strict Military, Log and Push press. The usual downsets of 2-5x2-3
B, Bench Press or Incline Bench w paus for 3-5 sets of 8-10
C, Triceps
D, Chins and curls and rear delts

Day 4: Deadlift day

A1, Front squat - I alternate between Pulls and fronties as my first exercise, one week is heavy squat and a lil lighter deads
and vice versa. I either work up to my daily max followed by downsets, or do something like 3x5-8 on the frontsquat.

A2, Deadlift or block pull, you can pick a program to follow thats 1d/week or just play it by feel. I alternate weeks between
Max, max w band, speedpulls and repetition weeks. On the max weeks I work up to a daily 1,2 or 3RM and then do downsets from there or
something like 6x2-3 with a fixed weight. Trick here is to know your limits to recover properly.

B, Rows. Real heavy! 5 sets of 10 or more

C, Lat pulldowns or chins

D, Planks, preferably weighted

Thats it. Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions you might have.

Last edited by big_swede; 04-04-2013 at 12:41 PM.
big_swede is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links