View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #8
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
For heat, wherever you can, you'd be better off using a heating pad or a warm water bottle because they give heat to the area; the only thing the rubs do, all of them, is irritate the skin enough to make sure the body responds to the irritation and therefore block the pain signals which is how they work but they don't radiate heat of any kind, we may think they do but it's a false heat sensation, unlike with ice and cold gels which do work in the manner of cooling..don't ask me why they don't have a heat rub that actually does heat the area, I've no idea.

I was surprised when I read about this.
I like the increased bloodflow I get from the topical treatments. If I have tightness in a certain muscle I use deep heat during my warm-up and that extra blood flow and warmth is normally enough to loosen me up. I have probably read the same article as you but I'm not sure I agree with it...
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote