MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

I would be concerned that powerlifters would be excluded. For example, the meets around here are capped at 60-70 lifters, first come first in the meet. I presume they cap them so that the meets don't take forever. But if a big bunch of crossfitters all signed up right away, and actual powerlifters got squeezed out, well that's obviously counterproductive to powerlifting in general.

I know I for one wait to enter because I don't always want to pay the meet fee and the Fed card fee months in advance. If crossfitters don't have a fed fee (I don't know), then that is not fair to the poorer powerlifters like me.

I also think OHP would be fun to see, and as I said above I do not think judging it would be any harder than judging squats, but do not want it to crowd out the actual powerlifting.

I think if this idea is actually done, then it should be a separate meet. No benching at all, but let powerlifters in if they want to OHP instead of bench. Like some meets around here where there is no squatting, just bench, deadlift and strict curl. Seems odd to me, but if that's what you want to do and that's why you sign up, I don't have a problem with that.

That said, I would love to do them all. Squat, bench, deadlift, then OHP. I think that would be awesome.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote