IainK
Max Brawn
Points: 1,840, Level: 25 Points: 1,840, Level: 25 Points: 1,840, Level: 25
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 20
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Hard work in a can
IainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
So do you have to be a crossfitter to do it? I would do a meet that is just squat, Strict press, and deadlift. Wouldnt have to worry about tearing my pec.
I am a member(ish). However the kit is very limited atm (only been open 6 months) so no bench, and due to oversized cheap bumpers can only get 210kg on the bar. Plus the bars are cheapish oly style. So like a dam bamboo bar when doing low bar squats lol He's told me he's getting some slim plates for this meet I used to just pay for the old session. Now my fiance is a member I just come down in one of her 'open gym' slots. Which is very nice of the coach to let me do so. Funnily enough he played D1 football in the US.

Coming back to your question I have heard lots of different stories about 'none crossfitters' training at crossfit gyms. From being very welcoming (as the coach of my gym) to not being so. All boils down to the coach I guess. Most of what I have heard has been good.

Fundamently if you coach crossfit you want most of the people coming down to train at your gym to train as per your coaching

I think the 'Crossfit Total' has been around for a while and dosn't really appear to be in competition with powerlifting. Just crossfits way of testing max strength.

I need 592.5kg total @90kg to be Elite. My meet is in May so will just have 5-6 weeks after my National Champs this weekend to do soem OH work. Think I'll just OH twice and bench once a week. Not gona aim to peak or really taper.