Old 04-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
when do you add in the strict press? before bench? after bench? before bench only flight? Just made an all day event that much longer.
Oh wait I misunderstood you. I thought you meant they were combining the meet with a Crossfit competition. My mistake!

A CrossFit division? We don't need anymore divisions.

The addition of the strict press is interesting, but meets are already too long for their own good. Powerlifting needs to stick with what it is.

In the business world there is a saying that it's better to dominate at one thing than to try and compete at them all. This is a case of powerlifting overstepping itself and trying to do too many things hoping it will make some sort of difference. It might, but I consider the likelihood minimal.

Powerlifting needs to work on improving its own sport before they worry about expanding it. They could start with unity, which is something CrossFit has.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 04-03-2013 at 08:43 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote