View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 05:49 AM   #18
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IainK View Post
How long is a piece of string.

Factors include;

Timing of last meal
Size make up of last meal
Size and make up of meal digested
GUT health.

If you looking at a fasted guy whom has just taken some disolved amino acids then approx 20-30mins.

If your very well fed and then eat a large meal you body will still be processing it as much as 6hrs later. However nutirents will be getting into your bloodstream much sooner.

I think the timing thing isn't really an issue and nothing to get anal about. If your well fed your body will have adequate stores to start the recovery process without the need for any instant supply pre or post. I mean whom dosn't eat fairly soon after training anyway? Just set up a routine that your consistent with and works for you and job done.

I have no experince of pro BBs etc etc, or those taking meds, so maybe they can utilise the nutrients in different ways to a normal guy/gal would and hence need to worry about timings that are so strict?
youre also forgetting theres things that slow and speed digestion, depending on what you eat. esp regarding post workout. for example, fats like PB slow digestion.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote